We’ve had many wonderful events at the company, and we were thinking how to tell people outside our company the way we work and spend time together. We had a game night approaching and we thought that why not take a few photos and interview our colleagues during the game night.
Here is the interview for you to learn more about us.
What inspired you to join Appmore?
– A friend introduced the company and I got interested
– The new challenges were appealing
– Graduands (persons who were close to graduate) appreciated the practical training offered by Appmore.
– The company values convinced me so much that even though I had a competing offer I did not even consider it
What do you enjoy most about your job?
Diverse and challenging projects. Nice and fun colleagues. Appmore takes good care of us and our wellbeing. Activity / sport day on Thursday is excellent way to get to know each other while having fun. New thing is the company bike policy, a few of us have got an electric bicycle and love it. We have had remote work trips to Spain in the last two years and most of us have used the opportunity. On Thursdays company offers lunch for everyone at the office and we usually have a broad participation. New office at Keilaniemi 1 is perfect for us, enough space and great location.
How has your role evolved since you started working here?
First I had no experience in scripting and started as a junior developer. After 2 years I was promoted to consultant and my responsibilities have grown ever since. You will need to take care of your client’s needs and everything else goes well after that. For many of us, Appmore has been the first IT company to work for and it has been a good choice to start with the Appmore team.
What’s been your proudest moment at Appmore so far?
– When I got full points from the customer satisfaction survey
– After the project, I got a gift card from Appmore for a job well done
– Positive Customer feedback is the best award
What about work-life balance in our company?
One word…. good.
What are some of the biggest challenges you face in your job, and how do you overcome them?
– First, I was a bit uncertain about my skills because I did not have that much experience but after some years I started to trust my skills and results. When you get to know your customers better it is easier to see where they are aiming in the project
– Time management is something you can get better and better. Also, asking for help early enough with work related challenges.
How do you stay motivated and engaged in your work?
– Salary level
– Continuous learning
– Succeeding in customer projects
– Great colleagues and an encouraging work atmosphere
What advice would you give to someone who’s interested in pursuing a career in Appmore?
– If you are interested, it will be worth it
– Everyone will be a beginner but soon you notice that your skills are better and if you need to start somewhere why not with us
– Appmore encourages you to develop your skills continuously, the better you can show this the more likely it is that you will become our colleague
What sets Appmore apart from other companies you’ve worked for?
Our work environment and group spirit. We don’t have that much hierarchy at Appmore compared to some other companies. You will be able to have an impact on how we work. We do invest on work-life balance.
We are continuously looking for new colleagues so feel free to contact us!